PADI Tec 40
PADI Tec 40 Dive Course
The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. It’s a great place to start because it’s the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course and bridges the gap between no stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving. You gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your tec diver training.
The Tec 40 course consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four training dives. You’ll learn about:
- Technical diving’s risks and responsibilities.
- Technical diving equipment, proper rigging and set up.
- Gas planning, oxygen limits and decompression planning.
- Team diving techniques and emergency procedures, such as dealing with free flows, manifold leaks and out of gas situations.
- Dive to 40 meters using tec configuration equipment
- Limited Decompression (10 mins)
- Use up to 50 % Enriched Air for decompression