Why should you take this course?
It happens....People accidentally drop things off docks, boats and even while scuba diving. If you have ever lost something underwater and wanted to go and find it then the PADI Search & Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for things underwater that increase your chances of success.
What you will learn:
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you will learn. During 4 open water dives you will practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive
The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
- All scuba equipment
- Any additional required equipment
- Wetsuit (if required)
- All course materials
- 4 open water dives
- PADI Adventure Diver
- 12 years old
- Be in good physical health (guests wishing to participate in a PADI dive course must be fit for diving according to the RSTC PADI Medical statement)
- You pay $178 AUD (approx $275 FJD) per person direct to PADI when you register for your eLearning on the PADI website using the link: www.padi.com/courses/search-and-recovery-diver?irra=8417
- $995 FJD per person to Deep Blue (price valid 01.04.23-31.03.24)