Who should do this course:
Exploration, Excitement, Experiences is what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. You don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving.
If you’re already an Adventure Diver, you only need to complete two more Adventure Dives to earn the Advanced Open Water Diver certification.
What you will learn:
You’ll plan your learning path with your instructor by choosing from a long list of Adventure Dives. There are two required dives – Deep and Underwater Navigation – and you choose the other three, for a total of five dives.
During the Deep Adventure Dive, you learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving. The Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive refines your compass navigation skills and helps you better navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time.
The other knowledge and skills you get vary with your interest and the adventures you have – photography, buoyancy control, fish identification, exploring wrecks and many more.
PADI Advanced Open Water Divers are qualified to:
- Dive to 30m in a buddy team.
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities as long as properly supervised.
- All scuba equipment
- Any additional required equipment
- Wetsuit (if required)
- All course materials
- Approx 2-3 days
- 5 Open water dives
- PADI Open Water Diver
- 10 years old
- Be in good physical health (guests wishing to participate in a PADI dive course must be fit for diving according to the RSTC PADI Medical statement)
- You pay $214 AUD (approx $330 FJD) per person direct to PADI when you register for your eLearning on the PADI website using the link: www.padi.com/courses/advanced-open-water?irra=8417
- $1,020 FJD per person to Deep Blue, or take advantage of our COUPLES SPECIAL OFFER! Only $1,460 per couple (price valid 01.04.21-31.03.23)
If you do not wish to complete the eLearning, then you can complete your theory here with us. Price for full course including manual, classroom sessions, certification is $1,350 FJD per person / $2,120 per couple (price valid 01.04.21-31.03.23)